MarineGuard Cellular GPS Tracking/Reporting as Added Security for Your Vessel
Option 2: Cellular GPS Tracking/Reporting Services
With MarineGuard's GPS Cellular Services, you have:
- Coverage available in the United States and Canada as long as there
is AT&T service. Check
www.att.com/maps/wireless-coverage under 3g data.
- Access to an online account through which you can remotely check the
status of your boat.
- Receive regular reports on your boat's status. Reports include
the status of each security zone (see
boat alarm packages), status of alarm system, status of power to the
system, and GPS coordinates.
- Remotely verify your boat's position. This safety feature
designed to allow you or a designee track your boat if you own a fleet,
rent your vessel, let friends and family borrow it, or if you spend days
at a time out on the water.
- Receive notification to your cell phone, iPad, or computer if the
alarm system triggers or if your boat is moved from its mooring or on
- Track your boat if it is stolen. You will receive a report of
your boat's position (latitude, longitude, speed and direction) every 15
minutes while the vessel is moving.
- Ability to add professional central station monitoring to your
coverage. With central station monitoring, your boat's
If you do not travel more than 8 miles offshore or if your boat is
located in an area where AT&T cell phone coverage is available, then
MarineGuard's GPS Cellular Service is the choice for you.
To Order MarineGuard's GPS Cellular Tracking/Reporting Services
You will need to purchase a cellular transmitter with GPS capabilities:
- MGR-GPS: MarineGuard Cellular GPS Transmitter
and subscribe to a tracking/reporting service.
These features come standard in our satellite tracking/reporting
- Access to an online account where you can review boat's status and
see boat's movement on a map;
- Receive an automatic report every 5 days providing an update on the
status of the boat's security system, gps information on the boat's
location, and status of the security systems power supply (if low).
- Receive an update every 15 minutes with GPS coordinates every 15
minutes if your boat is moved from its mooring or on its trailer.
(The alarm system must be activated for this service to function.)
- Receive an automatic report with GPS coordinates when boat is
moving. Frequency is determined by the level of service you choose
- Have the ability from your online account, to manually poll your
boat. When you poll your boat, you will receive a report showing
the security system's status and the boat's location. Each poll
- Have the ability to add two optional services: (1) remote
arming/disarming of the security system; and (2) professional central
station monitoring. (see below)
Reporting/Tracking services to choose from:
- MGM-GC1: GPS Cell 1 - Monitors security and/or
bilge. Reports system status every 5 days.
- MGM-GC2: GPS Cell 2 - Monitors security and/or bilge.
Reports system status every 5 days. Plus, reports system arming
Cellular Tracking and Reporting without GPS
Satellite GPS Tracking and Reporting